1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

mixing chicks??? and are they boys or girls???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Sam40, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Sam40

Sam40 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2010
    Hi. I have 2 chicks outside 10 weeks old and 3 chicks 4 weeks old that are out growing there brooder can i put them together? and how do i do this? It is quite cold here now are the younger chicks to young to go outside yet? Advise needed please.
    I also am unsure if the the 2 older ones are boys or girls? I'll try and put on a photo.[​IMG] Cheers Sam
    buff sussex and welsummer at 10 weeks.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Do the ones in the picture have a roost they can get on to get off the cold ground? How cold is it? Are the younger ones completely feathered out? How much space do they have?

3. Sam40

Sam40 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2010
    Hi, they are in a small chicken coop that is suitable for 3-4 full grown chicken, at the moment i have taken perches out. these 2 sleep together in a nesting boxes within the hut, then there is an outside run. temp varies from 14 to 4c. The other alternative i have isto put them in the garage, but i was concerned about them not getting natural light, at the moment thee ypunger ones are in the brooder in the house.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by