Mixing chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chicklove93, Oct 28, 2011.

1. chicklove93

chicklove93 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2011
    NEPA
    Can I mix my 3 week olds with day olds?

2. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    I have done it with succes a few times now but i wait till the little ones are at least a week old, give it a try and see what happens.

3. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    I'm doing it atm. I've had to put one rowdy 3wo cockerel on 'time-out' (in a box of his own) as he keeps bullying the little'uns. The others are quite happy with the tiny ones, as the tiny ones are with the bigger ones. There's always one, isn't there!

4. johnsons-r-us

johnsons-r-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Eudora, Kansas
    I have 3 different ages, like I got my first batch, two weeks later my 2nd batch, two weeks later my 3rd. Due to losing one here and there and just plain old chicken math! When mine started to go outside I put the younger ones with the older ones and never had any issues with anything. My 2 orginal BO girls are really bonded though. They stay together most of the day while free ranging. BFFs [​IMG]

5. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Yep you just have to make sure and sit and be referee for a bit to make sure they will not be hurt and if the older girls are OK and not whacked out by the new young kids then let em go. enjoy them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by