1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MIXING CHICKS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HOTONE, Sep 9, 2012.

1. HOTONE

HOTONE Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2012
    Peachland North Carolina
    I HAVE CHICKS THAT R ABOUT A MONTH OR MORE AND WE HAD ANOTHER CLUTCH HATCH A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO....CAN I PUT THE NEW CHICKS AND MAMA INTO THE PEN WITH THE OLDER CHICKS?

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Leave lots of places for the older chicks to hide from the mother. She will torment them lol. I wouldn't worry about the younger chicks though.

I have my broodies in with their chicks and older chicks. It can be done! :)

3. HOTONE

Feb 15, 2012
    Peachland North Carolina
    WE ARE GOING TO KICK THE HEN FROM THE OLDER CHICK..THERE ARE NO PLACES TO HIDE....SO WERE YOU SAYING THE OLDER HEN WILL TORMENT HER KIDS?

4. aoxa

Any reason you are using caps lock? It feels like I'm being yelled at :oops:

Yes - I am quite sure she will if she has younger babies. She will torment the OLDER ones that are not the ones she is taking care of at the present time.

5. HOTONE

Feb 15, 2012
    Peachland North Carolina
    I apologize for the caps...wasnt yelling at you...thank you for your answer i really appreciate it.

6. aoxa

No problem, and thanks for taking it off :)

Hope all goes well with your transition.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by