Mixing colors to get other colors

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by LadyShred, Apr 23, 2009.

1. LadyShred

LadyShred Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Alabama
    Hey guys. I've been trying to find a list/graph/chart of some sort of all the colors you can make through selective breeding (with the OEG [bantam] variety). I've had a lot of success in the past with mixing blues with B.B.Reds to make Blue Breasted Reds, Blacks with B.B.Reds to make Brown Red, and mixing Barred with B.B.Red to make Crele. Mixing white with B.B.Red makes Red Pyle. Mixing Black with Wheaten makes Brassy Back. I haven't been able to find any other color combos, but I'm very interested everyone's feedback.

It's cute to see the genetics of the great grandbabies of a brown red be perfectly B.B.Red. My bator is like drawing out of a hat now! lol

2. sonarjay

sonarjay Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2008
    plant city, fl
    i know this was posted long ago so maybe you have already found the info you were looking for but their is a book called "A Guide for Breeding Old English Game Bantams". i dont have it myself but i do have a sample of it and it seems very informative. if you want i could give you the info on how to get it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by