Mixing Silkie plus Polish? Silkie or Polish plus frizzle?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by yeye5, Nov 8, 2016.

1. yeye5

yeye5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2016
    North East Florida
    I just got the mate Polish cockerel (who I named Bruno) for my lovely Polish pullet, Bella. Both are black laced white.
    I'm struggling with a new tablet and !loading pics but as soon as I learn how I'll be posting pics!
    I plan to begin with a trio:Bella, Bruno and my silkie pullet (home hatched) named Zuza.
    If anyone has tried combining breeds this way I'd love to hear about your results and see pics if you have them to share!
    Also, I'm wanting to add frizzle into my silly mixes, first by combining Polish with Frizzle and combining Silkie with Frizzle. Then perhaps combining offspring. I know not to match Frizzle to Frizzle. I am very interested in learning more about genetics in chickens.
    Anyone with experience in any of the combining I've mentioned, I would love to see and hear about it!
    Thanks!

2. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    I love animal genetics too!

A silkie with a frizzle is a Sizzle (love the name) and Polish Frizzles also exist.

Here is a little on Silkie x Polish mixes: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/184462/polish-silkie-cross

Best of luck with your project! I'd love to see baby pictures when you get chickies. : )

3. yeye5

Jun 11, 2016
    North East Florida
    Thanks for the link! I'm sure I'll enjoy it lots!
    It'll be a while until I can show pics. My Polish pullet isn't laying yet. Her Polish cockerel just started trying g to crow...wow what a bizarre sound, lol.
    My silkie hen is hatching chicks like crazy but it's her daughter that will be in with the Polish pair. I don't have have a frizzle yet!
    But I do have a lot of curiosity so eventually I'll get there.

4. GitaBooks

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Young roosters make some of the silliest sounds. And they consider themselves so special when they do it. [​IMG]

5. yeye5

Jun 11, 2016
    North East Florida

Today his practice has paid off a bit. It actually sounds like a crow now...still a weird one but he sounds like a Roo and not a Halloween toy!

6. GitaBooks

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    [​IMG]

7. Upontheroost

Upontheroost Just Hatched

Nov 20, 2016
    South Texas
    I never thought mixing polish and silkies. What a great idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by