1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mixing Wyandottes

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard o' started by Serenity06, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Serenity06

Serenity06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2015
    South Alabama
    My grandparents have GLW hens, SLW hens, and a BLRW rooster. I got some eggs for my silkie to hatch out a few months ago and wound up with 2 GLW pullets, and 1 SLW cockerel. I would like some BLRW. So, I was wondering if there would be any possibility of hatching out more BLRW or if all the chickens would be either Golden Laced or Silver Laced. Would there be a better chance of getting a BLRW with a GLW hen or a SLW hen or does that even affect it?

2. Serenity06

Serenity06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2015
    South Alabama
    No one said anything, but I will give updates in case anyone is interested. I have a GLW setting on 8 eggs right now. The eggs are due to hatch on the 21st. Fingers crossed for some BLRW!

3. Wappoke

Wappoke Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2015
    cross the blue laced red with the gold laced and you will get some blue laced red and some gold laced

Last edited: May 13, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by