1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mmmmmmm PEPSI Throwback

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Jan 23, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I found Pepsi and Mountain Dew "Throwbacks" at the grocery store last night. A marketing campaign by the Pepsi Co., they are made with real sugar, not corn syrup or sweetening ingredients created in a lab.
    Oh my goodness! Now I know what's been missing from pepsis for the last 30 or so years; the sugar. It's been that long since pepsi tasted right to me. They just don't taste the way they did in my teens when I was a pepsiholic. I blamed it on the plastic bottles or the cans. I can't drink Dews anymore; my kidneys just don't appreciate them. I rarely drink sodas of any kind now. I stick with unsweetened or sometimes sweetened tea.
    I bought a twelve pack, calories be danged. Now I'm thinking I need to buy enough to last me all summer long. Nothing better than an ice cold pepsi on a hot summer day. [​IMG]
    Now if they would just package these throwbacks in glass bottles, my life would be complete. [​IMG]

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I tried the Mountain Dew throwback!! [​IMG]

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:So it's good huh? I'd drink some, but my kidneys would be screaming for hours. [​IMG]

4. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    The Pepsi throw back is the best. It was only in stores here for a short time last year,so buy what you can. The new version with the syrup taste like ipecac.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I still am a pepsiholic.......I need to get some of it.

6. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Quote:So it's good huh? I'd drink some, but my kidneys would be screaming for hours. [​IMG]

Oh Yeah!! I havent tried the Pepsi yet, but Im planning on it... [​IMG]

7. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    your right pepsi has not tasted the same since high school. my morning routine would be to stop at the store on the way to school, grab a pepsi (in a glass bottle) and a pack of ding dongs. woo hoo, sugar sugar sugar...i was ready to take on the day. [​IMG]

I am going to try the throwbacks -- when i first saw them I thought they were a new type of energy drink so i didn't even look at them.

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Question, why can't we have sugar in our pepsi all the time? Why must it be corn syrup? My guess is that it had to do with money. Maybe it's cheaper to produce with corn syrup.
    I think I'd fall off the wagon for good if I the REAL pepsi continued to be offered. [​IMG]

9. Slywoody

Slywoody Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    MINN.
    [​IMG] YAAAAAAAA----- HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! MOUNTAIN DEW [​IMG]

10. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I saw both, in cans, at Dollar General last night. Didn't buy any, but it was neat to see the old packaging again, especially the Mt. Dew.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by