Mn new member!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mercedesmarina, Apr 7, 2017.

1. mercedesmarina

mercedesmarina Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2017
    Hi, guys! I'm newly joined (last night) as I needed some advice on a bird that wasn't doing so hot!

I'm 26, live in the MN suburbs with my husband, 3 dogs, cat, 17 chickens(wyandottes, Americanas or Easter eggers(not sure?), speckled Sussex, 2 mix breeds that are a pretty grey color, 4 brahmas, and one spastic polish) and I also have a blue Swedish and black Swedish duck! We're getting baby goats sometime in the next week too!

Im excited to have a new bird resource, most of my chickens are a year old, but my little brahmas are 8 weeks. I'm pretty inexperienced so I can't wait to see what you all are up to! My husband (a carpenter) built me a cool coop and I'm always looking for improvements!

Are there any other MN chicken people out there???

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

3. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    :welcome

4. ninjawesome

ninjawesome Currently being awesome Premium Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Wild, Wild West
    [​IMG]Hi there and [​IMG]! We're happy you could join us[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope you received advice/ help with your bird having a problem. [​IMG]

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under mercedesmarina [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope your bird is doing OK now.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, mercedesmarina, and :welcome! Pleased you joined us! Hope you received the advice you were looking for...best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :woot

8. Suzi18

Suzi18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2017
    Sandusky Ohio
    Hello from Ohio and welcome.

9. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC! If you are not sure on the breed of your chickens, please post pictures in the What Breed or Gender is this? forum. We'll be glad to help! [​IMG]

It's great to have you with us!

10. DragonAsterfarm

DragonAsterfarm Just Hatched

Apr 7, 2017
    Minnesota
    Hi fellow mn newbie!
    We are just sw of the twin cities!
    Your clan sounds similar to ours
    Dragon Aster Farm includes myself, hubbs, our three children and a bonus child. Newfie dog (currently he also thinks he is the mother hen to our chicks) 2 cats and 14 new chicks (lots of new breeds to discover)) and hens- silver laced wyandottes, black copper marans, ameraucana, and buff orps.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by