MN - Possible trade?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by GrayDragon, Sep 8, 2009.

1. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    I have a LOT of sun dried tomatoes, and since the person they were intended for didn't hold up his side of the bargain, I thought I'd post here.

I am looking for some decent laying chickens, chicks preferred. If anyone wants to trade, let me know what you consider a chicken worth in sun dried cherry & roma tomatoes. The cherry ones, while definitely possessed of a tomato flavor, do put me in mind of dried cranberries, and the romas are some of the best I've ever grown.

2. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Did you see on Craigslist that someone was selling RIR chicks? (Minneapolis Craigslist)

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

www.bestfarmbuys.com has someone selling several laying hens of different breeds and ages in MN.

4. WiseChicks

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    I didn't even know that page existed. Evil!!! More places to find chickens!!! Argh!!!!

I'm so happy! [​IMG]

5. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Quote:I check Best Farm Buys every morning right after I check on the BYC boards!!!!

6. WiseChicks

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    GreyDragon - There is another posting for 4 RIR and some bantams in Monticello. I just sent her an email. I'd be happy to give you the RIR, I'm really interested in the Ameracauna and the bantams.

Katie

7. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Oh, that would be awesome. I was sort of dreading the hatchery option because of the 25 chick minimum. I really didn't want to start with that many just getting back into it.

I've responded to a couple craigslist ads, but thus far they've either been unresponsive or it turns out they are too far away for me to drive.

8. WiseChicks

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    GrayDragon -

Where are you located? Also, if it comes to you needing to place an order, I'd be happy to fill out the order with you. I've been going back and forth on placing an order this fall, so it wouldn't bother me a bit. [​IMG]

Katie

9. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    I'm in Delano, Wright County. Nice little town. We are about a quarter mile down the road from the Crow River.

I'm going to knock down the weeds (again) in the chicken run. Ten drops of rain and I've got a jungle in there.

I'm thinking of adding some Cornish to the flock, but from my reading it might not be a good idea to have the Cornish and the RIR together, as I've read stuff about Cornish being a bit aggressive? And the Cornish need their feed controlled. Maybe I'll segregate the coop.

Where are you located?

10. WiseChicks

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    I live near Ellsworth, WI and I work at Ft. Snelling. Buff Orpingtons have a nice disposition, and would probably mix well... plus it would be pretty to have the gold and red! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by