Mo and Henrietta got an upgrade today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bisqit&Gravy, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    I have two very happy big chickens now:) Today they got an upgrade from the 20 sqft temporary set up I had them in to a 100 sqft chain link kennel. They were very happy after they got over the freak out stage...well Mo was freakin..hahaha.

I ended up putting 2 foot 1 inch chicken wire around the outside and even in front of the door b/c Mo was sticking his head thru and my dogs go out there. I have a shade cover on the top and it's funny b/c the kennel is 10x10 and the shade cover was suppose to be 10x10 but it's got some gaps. I pulled zip ties as far as I could and figure when the sun hits it, it'll stretch like my other chicken pen. It was dark by the time I got almost done so I threw towels over the rest of the gaps like above the door. I'm not sure if they can fly like my bantys but didn't want them to see the gaps.

Unforunately they don't have a house yet so I gave them one of my huge plastic dog crates that I don't use. I covered it with a tarp since it's has those vents holes in the sides.

I don't have a flat level spot anyway in my yard so it's kind of crooked but I put it together going by the gound so there would be no gaps around the bottom.
    [​IMG]

Here's Mo and Henrietta...She's so sweet. Mo's comb is starting to fall to one side..haha
    [​IMG]

Mo walked around forever with his mouth open and looking crazy. Henrietta wasn't phased and foraged around. What was really cute was when they finally laid down, Mo got under her:)

[​IMG]

Here's Gravy my OEG banty who is TICKED OFF!!!! There's about 5 ft between them but that hasn't stopped Gravy from hitting the fence, kicking his feet and doing that fighting mode thing with his wings....I guess that's what he's doing since he looks angry when he does it.
    He has no idea that Mo is more than twice his size..haha
    [​IMG]

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I just saw your pictures.... I love your bantys run area.

Looks like Mo and Henrietta are enjoying their new digs.

3. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Snazzy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by