Mocha, Purple and ???

Midnightman14

Crowing
7 Years
May 23, 2016
Central WI
A friend of mine purchased a mocha cock bird from brad legg and bred it to a india blue and ended up with a purple hen. Anyone know what the other half of that color combination is? My friend thought it might be midnight. Note these are not the same Mochas as are being sold by other individuals these are exclusive to brad legg as far as I know.

Mocha is now dead, it is now Platinum. Mocha was the original name for what is now platinum. Clifton Nicholson developed mocha and brad renamed it platinum and submitted it to the UPA.
Then what are the birds that are now called mocha out of brad leggs operation? That's what my friend's got.

If you got Purple then it is probably a Hazel or Indigo. The Mocha was derived the same way as Platinum. Clifton nor Sid cares about naming it and that is where Brad got his stock and he coined it Platinum in the UPA.
I knew about the platinum but I guess that means there's a new unrecognized color running around being sold under the moniker "mocha" Here's a picture, my friend got it from brad legg.

Attachments

• Mocha Peacock 2.jpg
    Mocha Peacock 2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 58

Back
Top Bottom