Model 846 Brower galvanized metal incubator. **Pictures**

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by quintinp, Feb 8, 2012.

1. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    I got this incubator for 40 bucks. It is a 100 egg incubator. I have already added a fan, and just turned it on to let it stabilize about 30 minutes ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The original thermometer, but it is busted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    I saw one of those for sale a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure if it would work. let me know how your hatch turns out!

3. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    I have wanted one of these since I first seen one. I have heard that these are GOOD incubators. I am extra happy that the turner fits in it. I can't wait to set eggs in it. I am super excited. It is an American Made Built to last incubator. It was made before American manufacturers stopped having pride in the products that they produced. I am glad to get it.

4. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    I sanded it, and put a water wiggler in it. The temperature in the water wiggler is awesome. I am having no problems with it. It looks a lot nicer too. (That's called a little bit of elbow grease)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I trust this incubator for the most part, but I like to be safe, so a smoke detector was necessary.
    (It was one that I had on hand)

[​IMG]

5. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    [​IMG] Nice! Very cool!
    I want one now, but where in the world would I keep it!?

6. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Thanks! They are on Ebay ever once in a while.

7. hokankai

hokankai Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    SW WA
    I think I might be borrowing one of these from a friend this year. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread! How do you get it ready for hatching?

8. quintinp

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    I have been dry incubating in it so far, (this is my first incubation with this incubator) I just added water to it, and am waiting for it to bring up the humidity where I want it.

If it doesn't get where I want it, I will just add sponges in the bottom.

If it doesn't get where I want it then, I will just put the eggs in my cooler incubator/hatcher, it holds humidity REALLY well.

9. ScoutrerScott

ScoutrerScott New Egg

May 25, 2012
    A couple questions....I just bought a used 846 and ultimately had to get a new t-stat. We had one like this and its little brother when
    ! was a kid, 40 or so years ago. It worked great. Where did you get that turner? Regarding the pc fan. Typically those fans are installed over a grill or some sort of opening. Does yours have any way to draw air with it being mounted flat to the insulation board? If I do install a fan like you did, what temp do I use?

10. kandyg_99

kandyg_99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Colorado
    I have two of these,I haven't used them but heard they are great little incubators...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by