Moderators, please delet this thread - no one knows the exact stituati

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by eggcited2, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Moderators, please delete this.. No one knows my exact situation. No one knows exactly all that I have tried and what all has failed. I am at the "last resort" point of trying to stop my chickens from being killed. I asked a simple question, but have been spending days having to defend and explain myself. I am not a monster, I am not an inhumane person. I am tired of being attacked and treated as if I am stupid.

I do want to thank the few people who did empathise and did not find fault with me.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  2. mjuenem

mjuenem Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Putnam Co.
    How can you be sure that the "right" animal eats them?

3. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Not sure putting out poison food is what you want to do.... Anything or anyone has access including your target. Just my 2 cents [​IMG]

4. CacklingCarolyn

CacklingCarolyn Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2011
    Louisville, Ky.
    Please don't do that. Even the birds and such that eat the dead animals could be poisoned.

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:I agree.

6. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    What if it didn't? What if the animal wandered around with stomach bleed for days? Better to just shoot the critters or trap them. Humane killing when possible. I'd rather have a bullet than be poisoned. LOL

7. LadyinRed

LadyinRed Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    Well, since the critter is already getting in and out of the cages then drugging the critter with food in the cage might work. Not sure though how quickly it would be effective, you may have a critter sleeping inside a cage instead of dead. If your willing to deal with the fact that it could end up getting the wrong animal then go for it. It sounds no worse than the pepsi and fly poison trick.

8. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    I think you need to figure out why the trap isn't latching the door shut rather than puttin out a poison

9. 8ROYALS

8ROYALS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Petersburg, Texas
    Quote:X2

10. Theapplechicks

Theapplechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Quote:ours kept escaping the cages too but the animal control officer tought us a trick. He told me to put the bait under the cage like on the ground. We did this and have caught 2 possums and a coon so far!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by