Modern Game Bantam help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by yoie, Mar 21, 2011.

1. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I have two modern game chicks and I am trying to figure out their colors. I got them through Ideal. The first is a solid light blue all over, with very dark grey legs and beak. No other color on the chick.
    [​IMG]

The second is solid black with a white spot under its chin, one on its rump, and on the wing tips. No white on its belly at all. The flash from my camera made it look lighter than it really is. Its legs and beak are also black in color.
    [​IMG]

2. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    lavender and either black or birchen/brown red.

3. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Thanks for the reply, I didn't even think of lavender [​IMG] How long till I can tell if it is black or birchen/brown red? I am having fun with the guess the chick & color on my order [​IMG]

4. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    The first one could be Self Blue or the light blue version of Silver Blue. The black one is probably Birchen. The Brown Reds are completely black as chicks.

5. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Either when the wing feathers are grown out, sometimes on birchen/brown reds will show traces of white or brown respectively. If wings grow out solid black you will just have to wait until the neck feathers finally come out, if birchen/brown red, the color will be there. So, you will find out very soon or not for a month.. have fun! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by