modifying the LG 9200 incubator to make it safe

wilkey44

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 14, 2010
Central Oklahoma
I was reading earlier about problems with the 9200 about heat spikes and not being able to stabilize the temp I had this same problem and caught a spike at 103 so this is what I did I took a water heater thermostat drilled a 1/4 " hole threw the side of the 9200 so I could access the adjust screw from the outside drilled 2 more holes so I could mount the elec. lower thermostat to the side then cut the wire to the heater and with two short pieces of wire and wire nuts spliced to the thermostat. Now I turned the adjustment on the 9200 all the way clockwise to the hottest point. then I adjusted the temp to highest point of 101 so now I know the hottest its going to get is 101 and the coldest is about 97 it took me about 5 min to do I use the 9200 as a hatcher so it has about the same temp fluctuation as my incubator

Quote:
I am sure some folks want to see the photo and step by step process to avoid mistake. I was plan to modify by replace a fix resistor value that set at 100F rather than the pot, but never got around. I purchased the Brinsea 20 so no need to proceed the project.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom