1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mods I have a my page question

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Farmer Kitty, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    When I enter info on one of my pages it goes in double spaced instead of single space. I have stuff in that is single spaced so what have I done that I need to undo? I even tried typing it into word and pasting it in and still have the same problem. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm sorry, Kitty, I don't do the my page stuff, so I have no idea how to help you. Hopefully, someone can get you the info you need soon.

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    It probably has to do with the way the page is set up. I don't have a page, but I am sure someone will be along who does know. [​IMG]

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I just went and looked. Did you see there are three options for pasting? One was as plain text, one was from Word and one other. Did you try all three? And did you try deleting the empty line in between?
    Place the cursor at the beginning of the "empty" line and hit "delete". See how that works.

5. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Sometimes formatting from word does not transfer over to the web well. You will likely have to manually change the spacing line by line as suggested. Or transfer the text to notepad and then copy and paste from there.

6. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Thank you.

It happens when I type directly into the page too. I will try to copy from notepad though. It won't even let the cursor go to the line inbetween the typed lines to delete it. I will continue to play with it when I get the chance. This week just got crazy.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  7. Farmer Kitty

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Going from notepad worked! Thank you!

8. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    You're welcome! I thought that was how I had to do mine when on the PC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by