MODS please Close

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GPN, Feb 11, 2009.

1. GPN

GPN Got Pheasants? Nessia

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    I have new babies just don't what Kind!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this two are the same bird differnet shot
    [​IMG]

they hatched from pretty brown eggs and I was told most of my eggs were cochins they thought! [​IMG] I know they ain't cochins cause they not got feathers on their legs. I have not seen their flock because I have my ankle in a boot and can't get around their home to see them! and she will not take pictures of the chickens, even though she has pictures of everything else!!

Thanks I just would like to know!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Are they banties?

Look a little like partridge rocks.

3. GPN

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    When I asked that question i was, told nothey are chickens!!

The eggs look to be standards they were large as the large store eggs. So I don't think they are!

GPN

4. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Definately look like partridge somethings. They look just like my partridge cochin babies minus the feathers on the feet.

5. GPN

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    i had one die in the night I guess it was to cold!!

I sleep in a different room last night and I never came back to turn up my heat in the room!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and then I had another pip today and i had to help it out of the shell and notice my hum was way low got it back up but, i started checking to see the other eggs, out of 18 chicken eggs I have 5 hatch, one dead and might lose the last one i helped out.

As I cracked eggs there were no movements some were just about to hatch, some still underdelevloped, and 2 no delvelopement. so I received 13 + 6 eggs today from a mistake on the VDAY swap and then a thank gift, so we gonna try them and see but I don't know it my 8 pheasant or 8 quail in the bator now will make it either, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] i wanted both to hatch!!

ETA: I have one chick that I thought had spraddle leg, and so I added more shaving and it is up playing with the others! So I will keep watch on that one!!

GPN

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  6. GPN

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    [​IMG] pheasant eggs were not fert. pooop!! and the quail I had in the bator 8= 6 develope but i had 2 out of that that would might of hatched if i had left them all alone [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] other 2 had no develpoement!

and I had lots of half done chickens eggs this time i guess my temps and him was off
    I got 5 ty gift+ 13 swap mishap = 18 eggs (chicken) from byc'er as soon as i think my temp is level out they are going in tonight!!

GPN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by