1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

mods..why are some of the pics i posted gone...?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by redhen, Aug 29, 2008.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    with a red x in thier place?....thanks, Wendy

2. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    hi..who do i contact if i have a problem?...[​IMG]

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Well, chances are, if they are a red x, where ever you hosted the picture is either down or has been moved so the address that was specified in your post is no longer valid.

4. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ooh..so if i deleted a picture on my upload page..but had already postd the picture on a previous post..the deleted picture would then be deleted from my post?...[​IMG]..i'm sorry..i'm just trying to figure this all out...:/wendy

5. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    That would be the reason - the picture must exist somewhere in the emosphere for it to show up, it is being pulled over here and shown - not "hosted" here.

6. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    okay thank you very much!...i REALLY am an idiot about these things...[​IMG]..appreciate the help..Wendy

7. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    I'm learning too, Redhen. Thanks for asking the question. I must have some red Xs lurking in some of my posts somewhere... [​IMG]

Michele

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

I did the same thing redhen...added a bunch of pictures to photobucket and then deleted them there and wondered why they didn't show up on my journal i had! It's confusing! [​IMG]

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Consider the place that your pictures have been uploaded to (such a PhotoBucket) the true location of your photos.

If you go somewhere else (such as BYC) and do something to let others see your pictures in your posts, it's kind of like giving the people who view your posts (or blog) a pair of magic glasses that let them see your photo, even though it hasn't moved from its true location.

That's the best explanation I can give without using a whole bunch of geeky computer terms you might not understand.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by