Moel still a baby at 26 weeks.

pgpoultry

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Wales
This is probably the last pic. I will take of Moel my now 26 week old feather-mutation Blue Partridge Brahma.

She has gained more feathers on her chest and a few on her neck, but her body is still covered by down. The wing feathers remain up-turned and non-functional .She sleeps on the floor, but so do quite a few of my other Brahmas. She cannot fly.

She looks smaller than her hatch mates and her face is not reddening. I don't know if she will ever lay, but none of my other Brahmas from this hatch look near to laying yet.

I think she will be OK in the winter as she has body covering, but the downy stuff may not be as good an insulator as proper feathers. I have knitted her a chicken jacket just in case.

In all other ways she seems happy and healthy with an excellent appetite.

IMG_6443.jpg

Last edited:
Look at that! Why will this be her last photo? I want to see her wearing her knitted winter jacket.

Oh I've made it sound as though she is going to lose her head!

I only meant that her feather number is stable...she does not seem to be getting any new adult feathers. Her little jumper if fluffy and pink.....she will look fairly silly in it.

Just because you have the odd extra toe, misshapen spine, a missing comb (belongs to the little girl with four and a half toes), or the odd few feathers missing doesn't mean that you get turned into stew at my place.....just labelled 'different.'
wink.png

Here is the little woolly......I need to sew some buttons on.

The top has the neck hole and the main part fits over the body with the wings and tail free.

IMG_6462.jpg

Some folk may tell me to 'get a life'........but I don't really care.

Back
Top Bottom