Moldy Bread

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RedBreasted, Jun 4, 2017.

1. RedBreasted

RedBreasted Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2014
    Idaho
    Moldy bread isn't a topic that belongs in the "emergency" section of BYC but today, I accidentally fed my chickens... moldy bread. On the bread, the mold were white like complete white but it was only in spots and some slice have a big chunk of the mold. It wasn't a loaf, it was only like 5-6 slices. I'm now monitoring them, they have fresh water just to help flush out the toxins if they get botulism, and gave them a whole bag load of bok choy vegetables. They haven't have unusual feces yet. Anything else to consider? I'm a bad owner... :(:rolleyes:

2. Farmgal101

Farmgal101 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2017
    Your not a bad owner these things happen.You have the right mind set keep a eye on them,but sounds like your taking care of them.I think they will be fine mold is not as toxic to them as us.

3. Farmgal101

Farmgal101 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2017
    i would also recommend not to do this again.i know you did not do it on purpose but just check the bread carefully next time.They can et sick but i think they will be fine.update me ater so i know how they are doing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by