1. One Furry Chick

One Furry Chick New Egg

Jan 27, 2012
    I have a 4 month old chick who I gave bad grain too for about a week. My son was feeding the chickens and I went out to help him when I found blocks of Blue/Green mold in the bag. That's when I noticed our girl wasn't walking forward. I gave her water and molasses, then some Gatorade to replace the flood she lost. A friend told me to put some antibiotics in her water, but she can only walk in a small circle. This morning I had hope when I saw her standing on her food dish but tonight she can only reach as far as her neck will go and she is still doing the side step. I have her in a smaller cage with food and water close by. Its only been 3 days. She never lost wing movement or any problems with her neck.
    Thank you.

2. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! It sounds like you're doing the right thing, but others will have more to suggest.

Note that your post will probably get relocated to the emergencies/diseases/injuries and cures section, so you might need to look there.

You can always find your posts by using the "I've posted" link under the forum tab at the top of the page or clicking the dropdown under new posts at the bottom right of the last post on the page. That way, even if it has moved to another section, you can track it down.

Good luck,

3. One Furry Chick

One Furry Chick New Egg

Jan 27, 2012
    Thank you so much. I new to this chicken stuff. My son (age 7) has a few silkies for 4-H. I know a lot about other animals from my FFA days and I was an EMT, but from what I hear chicken are so fragile. Thank you again any help or encouragement is very helpful.

4. One Furry Chick

One Furry Chick New Egg

Jan 27, 2012
    My baby started walking again today, she had eggs for breakfast for the last 2 days and is doing much better. Than you for the web site info, ChickensAreSweet

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I just got the email update! I am so glad she is doing better!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by