Moles!

banter

Songster
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Raymond Maine
The snow is almost gone and beneath it were moles-zillions! We didn't have them last year!
I took all my old eggs I had saved for pysanky, but didn't get to and shoved them down holes all over our property.Read that trick in an 1888 farm book. No more moles! I used Vicks Vapo Rub in some others and that seemed to work too.

* Moles are there because of grubs usually. . . Fruit Stripe gum (lightly chewed) works great, too, believe it or not!!! Used that on moles in my yard in Cali. . .

We have moles too. I have not heard of the egg thing. Are they rotten eggs? Right now my tom cat takes care of them quite efficiently. He has no shortage of critters to chase though - I will have to try this out. Just stuff a rotten egg in a hole?

Sorry to resurrect a way dead post but instead of starting a new one, here goes.

Any ideas how to get rid of moles? Tried all the tricks, the gum, the noise spikes, the stupid spring traps that don't work etc etc. Nothing seems to work well.

Besides for nuking with poisons which I can't do because of the girls, any other ideas?

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom