moleskin for blisters

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cknmom, Mar 14, 2008.

1. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    DH bought me new converse combat boots last weekend. I simply LOVE them! But I got a blister low on the back of one heel about the size of a quarter and it has broken.

I have some moleskin but we are disagreeing as to how to use it. DH says to put the adhesive onto my skin, I say to put the adhesive onto the boot. I haven't ever used it before but it seems to me that the soft side should go against your skin. If you put the adhesive against your skin wouldn't you have to put a new piece on every morning?

Monica

2. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    I don't know about the moleskin, but I do know that Corona is great for blisters. Not the beer, well that could be good too [​IMG] , but the salve. You can buy it anywhere that sells horse supplies. I use it for everything, even really bad excema. Its great stuff!

3. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    I teach many dance classes and I know a thing or two about blisters! When my dancers get blisters, I have them put it in their shoe.

4. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    That's what I thought, thanks!
    I might try coronas, how many do you think I would need to drink before it stopped hurting??[​IMG]
    We don't have a horse place around here, just the feed store. I do have some EMT gel from when our rottie got attacked. Of course I have noesporin too.
    Monica

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by