Crossing the Road
6 Years
Dec 17, 2016
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Hello Friends,

upload_2017-7-18_16-37-18.jpeg
Thank you for opening this thread! I know this website probably is not meant for fish...
But I just noticed that the category 'random ramblings' is meant for off-topic discussions!

So... I might as well have an off-topic discussion every so often... Does anybody here have Molly fish- anybody? Please right below that you do or don't.

orange_pot_belly_molly_130516a4_w0640.jpg

I have had fish for about...Hm...I say- 5 years now?!?! And I like them a lot! My Mollies won't stop breeding either! If you do have mollies... Lets talk!! Please join in on the fun, I won't bite!​

What is your favorite molly color? What two colors have you bred or want to breed? I wanna know!!! I love crossbreeding: Fish, chickens, chickens, fish. Get the point?

*Even if you don't have mollies, I suggest you go to my friend @TheGreatPapyrus' thread: "Aquarists Unite!" and talk!*

My favorite color is... Wait... Ya have ta join to find out! So please invite your friends! Please join yourself, we would love to have you.

See ya around, me friends!

Sincerely,
(You have seen me here before... K)

They prefer warm water and a bit of aquarium salt in it, otherwise they are prone to fungus problems. But they are sturdy otherwise and breed easily, since they are livebearers. I put some in my koi pond in FL, and the population exploded! I had gold ones and black ones. Super little fish. Do well with swordtails and guppies and platies, plus most tetras.

I don't have any yet....my kids have been bugging for fish though..
Are they easy keepers?

Hello There,

Thank you for responding! Yes, they are easy to keep.
Only issue I have with them is they breed every chance they get.

You will need a 20* gallon tank (min). I have a thirty gallon tank.
Mollies are great fish, they are easy to keep and they are beautiful!

But when mating season--(Every week)--comes they are harder to keep.

I wish you the best of luck, I would suggest them, but the only problem is they might not be the ideal "first fish."

(Legend has it: They are always pregnant and they give birth to babies they don't lay eggs). If you don't get a male, the female are awesome to keep!

~The Angry Hen

They prefer warm water and a bit of aquarium salt in it, otherwise they are prone to fungus problems. But they are sturdy otherwise and breed easily, since they are livebearers. I put some in my koi pond in FL, and the population exploded! I had gold ones and black ones. Super little fish. Do well with swordtails and guppies and platies, plus most tetras.

Hello There,

Thank you for the response. And yes... They do breed to the extreme!
I have almost all the varieties, my favorite is the Golden ones. Have you ever happened to see what the cross between the black one and gold look like?

~The Angry Hen

Hello There,

Thank you for the response. And yes... They do breed to the extreme!
I have almost all the varieties, my favorite is the Golden ones. Have you ever happened to see what the cross between the black one and gold look like?

~The Angry Hen
Most of the ones in the pond had varying amounts of both gold and black. I really prefer the solid colors but that is what i got.

Most of the ones in the pond had varying amounts of both gold and black. I really prefer the solid colors but that is what i got.

Nice. I like the solid colors too. I love to cross breed, but sometimes if you cross breed too much the babies will have the crooked tails and a few genetic issues.

~The Angry Hen

Back
Top Bottom