Molly the New Orleans horse

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by seedcorn, May 14, 2008.

1. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/molly.asp

Is
    this a feel good story or when there are so many things to spend money on in New Orleans, why would you spend it on this?????

I'm torn on this. When I first read it, it was a feel good story but then I realize how many good animals are put down plus good people doing w/out help.......I don't know.

2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Molly is now helping people, how can you put a price on that? Loved it!!!!

3. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    Understand you sentiment, but if you are faced w/homeless people or injured children, where do you spend the money? Plus why should you spend a great deal of money on an injured horse when healthy sound horses are put down all the time?

Extremely glad I didn't have to make decision as is Molly I'm sure.......yes, she is being used for a good cause now.

4. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Beautiful horse but I shudder to think of the money and how else it could have been used. Sure is a sweet little pony, though. My friend has a below the knee amputation and she was still wearing the prosthesis she got in high school when she was in her thirties....she had outgrown it but she couldn't afford a new one. Wish she could have gotten a new prosthesis when she needed one, like Molly. My friend is a nurse and on her feet all day, she refuses to get a handicap sticker on her car and she doesn't consider herself handicapped. SHE is more of an inspiration than a horse but, if people can be helped by this? Well... why not?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by