Molting chicken

soulazen

Hatching
May 6, 2021
Hi, I'm located in Australia. My chicken started molting about a month and a half ago. Since then, she does want not eat her scratch mix, although before she had no problem eating it. I understand that chickens usually lose their appetite during molting but the weird thing is that she ONLY eats food scraps when I give her. She DOSENT touch her scratch mix at all, and I'm sure about that because when I give her food scraps, she seems so starving that she just dives into the bowl desperately and yesterday she even started eating some paper towel that was accidentally mixed in the food scraps. She's looks desperate when i take her food scraps and when I try feeding her some scratch mix, she doesn't bother at all. Not even sunflower seeds which she LOVES! Does anyone have any idea what might be her problem and what I can do about it? PLEASE! 😟

Have you tried goving her scrambled eggs? Those are very good added protein. Has she been drinking normal? Try giving her some electrolyte water to boost her energy. Try and add as much protein to her feed and the things that she will eat as much as you can. If she won't eat thr scrambled eggs, try making her food into a mash and feeding it to her yourself. The less she eats the more miserable she's gonna feel.

Back
Top Bottom