Molting or something else?

saturner415

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2016
My black sex link has had a bare belly for a month or so and it is red. Is she just molting or could it be something else? Here is a pic! Help!

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 15
Probably broody....?
No... she is still laying and roaming around the yard. We had another one broody earlier this year... now that was an experience. LOL. But this one is still very social with us and the others. Just concerned about the redness. I checked for mites and lice etc. she is good.

I wouldn't worry too much about the color. This was our oldest a few weeks ago. Pretty red too.
Now she's covered in feathers again.

View attachment 1194832

But her bald spot wasn't from molting. Her feathers were plugged by another chicken.
I wouldn't worry too much about the color. This was our oldest a few weeks ago. Pretty red too.
Now she's covered in feathers again.

View attachment 1194832

But her bald spot wasn't from molting. Her feathers were plugged by another chicken.
Oh man... poor girl. Well hopefully they will grow back soon... We live in Utah. Unseasonably warm right now but won't last for long

No... she is still laying and roaming around the yard. We had another one broody earlier this year... now that was an experience. LOL. But this one is still very social with us and the others. Just concerned about the redness. I checked for mites and lice etc. she is good.
Are all of her eggs normal?

Back
Top Bottom