Mom and babies disappear... Nevermind, Mom and her babies are back!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Frozen Feathers, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I hope she is just hiding in the bushes somewhere, but I'm not holding out to much hope. [​IMG] All I can say is, this sucks! She's been gone since yesterday, there is no sign or sound of her. Poor babies. [​IMG]

*******************************UPDATE***********************************************
    [​IMG]
    Yay!! She came back! I went out just a little while ago to take a picture of my Silkie and there she was, with all her chicks. I don't know where she went or where she came from and actually, I am just happy she's alive. I was feeling pretty crummy about losing her and her babies. I can't get near her though, she's really protective of those chicks and takes off anytime I come close. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2007
  2. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    So very sorry - this does not sound good. How far from their home have you searched? I hope so very much that they show up.

3. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Hopefully she has just moved them somewhere. I had a hen missing for two days from the run....I thought for sure something had gotten her. I was surprised when the neighbor up the road called to ask if I had chickens. She was in their yard with their two boys.

4. SandyC

SandyC Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry too. One of mine went missing yesterday also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by