Mom is depressed- Rant/self pity-party

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by eenie114, Jun 6, 2011.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

My mom has always been prone to depression. Tonight there was some spilled milk on the counter from when I was straining the goat's milk. I haven't been feeling well, let's just say, and was in the bathroom. I forgot it. She was, ah, not happy. Do I have anything to say for myself? Not really. Do I know why she's so angry? Because she's depressed AND PMSing? Oh, I mean, because I know better. When she's in this mindset, not feeling well isn't an excuse. By this point I'm awfully upset, and I start crying. When I'm upset, I cry. It runs in my family. This just frustrates her more.
    She has medication. Just doesn't take it.
    Thanks for listening.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Spike her coffee with it.

3. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] Sorry eenie. Sometimes moms get stressed out and blow up. I have been guilty of this with my girls too.

4. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:Except it's not stress. It's a chemical imbalance in her brain that she COULD fix if she'd take a stinking blue pill.

5. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    [​IMG]

I hope things get better for you.

6. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Quote:Except it's not stress. It's a chemical imbalance in her brain that she COULD fix if she'd take a stinking blue pill.

Have you told her that you can see the difference when she takes it? Maybe during a calm quiet time?

7. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    It doesn't sound like just depression. Depression is often co-morbid with other issues. Does she appear to you to have issues with controlling everything by chance? Like, does she get very worried about being "perfect", does she have rules that only she seems to understand?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by