mom moved to the coop with the chicks PICS

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by abhaya, Nov 28, 2010.

1. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    Today was the big day. Mom moved out to the coop with the chicks. It is going great. Mom had a dust spa treatment she is soooo happy and the chicks are exploring. They have been on my unheated back porch. they have not had a heat light in a week and are great with mom keeping them warm. I think it is warmer outside during the day and just a touch colder at night but not much and the coop is pretty draft free. Water in the run froze last night but the water in the coop was fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    how old are your chicks?!! there sooo cute! i have one silkie baby outside too with mom, i never brought them inside tho lol and shes like 5 weeks old!

3. abhaya

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    Quote:2 of the chicks mom hatched are 3 weeks or so the black one is 6-7 weeks she adpopted him. They were in the house because I bought mom and the 2 day old chicks. I had to build the coop.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I am not at all interested in silkies - those ARE silkies, right? - but those chicks are just so darned cute!!!

Mommas do such good jobs with their hatchlings, don't they?

Collective "Awwwwwwwww!"

5. abhaya

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    Quote:Yes they are silkies. I had no intention of getting silkies but my 3 year old nephew fell in love with them and they are great boody hens. she is gonna be my silkiebator

6. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Oh so sweet!

7. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Adorable![​IMG]

8. DillardHome

DillardHome Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Claxton, GA
    Quote:Yes they are silkies. I had no intention of getting silkies but my 3 year old nephew fell in love with them and they are great boody hens. she is gonna be my silkiebator

Sooo cute!! [​IMG]
    Silkies are a kid magnet! My boys loved our white Silkie before he passed away [​IMG] (We have a Buff Silkie hen now) They're so unusual and different. A friend of mine referred to the Silkie as "Hippie Chicken"...[​IMG] I would love to find another White Silkie, but a hen this time since I already have an EE Roo. I'll keep looking...

9. soccerstar259

soccerstar259 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2010
    there so pretty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by