mom needs a text buddy

sandmbaker

Songster
7 Years
Jul 27, 2012
Illinois
I figured byc would be a great place to find my mom a friend as everyone on here is soo nice. My mom is 51 and struggles with depression. she is taking care of my dad who has lung cancer. she does not have internet and she lives ten miles out in the country. I live 3 hours away from her and I text her alot but family is one thing and having a good friend to talk to is another. I would love so much for my mom to find another WOMAN to talk to that shares the same interests as her. she loves gardening and cooking and chickens, she has four grandsons and my sister is due with another this month. My younger sister is in the army and is going to be deployed to afghanistan next year. I dont want to sound desperate or anything and Im not looking for any men for her. i simply want a nice woman her age who is lonely and wants a text buddy. My mom is one of the nicest women I have ever seen in my life, she raised me to be a respectful young woman and to respect others and I hate to see her so sad all the time.

Bless you for caring so much for your mother.
hugs.gif
She certainly has a lot going on. Depression is so hard to deal with, I know, because I suffer from it too. It sounds to me like she has some wonderful children, and should be so very proud of you. I'm not a text-er to say the least, my kids always pick on me, lol! If there is something I can help with, please let me know.

Look up a lady named Rosie316. Check out her byc profile and maybe send her a pm. She is more into ducks then chickens but might be a good fit. Sorry to hear about you're dad. Keep up the support for you're mom.

You could do a search for any church support groups for families dealing with cancer. As much as it takes out of the person it has it, it also effects the family emotionally and physically just as bad. Been there done that. You could look for gardening and cooking clubs for her to join. Some churches have coffee clubs. I know she has a lot going but maybe if she just volunteered somewhere doing anything just to take her mind off things for a while. Possibly meeting someone with the same interests or things that she is dealing with. There are many avenues to try and sounds like your mom is a sweetheart so she shouldn't have problems making friends. But you are going to have to help her along as I suspect your mom is going to be resistant to go because of your dads condition and her depression and her need to be at home for whatever the reason. A clear sign of depression is excuses. Go with her even if it takes a couple of times to get her involved. Tell her you enjoy going and you want her to come along for company. Caregivers often neglect their own health taking care of others both physically and mentally and when the caregiving is no longer needed the caregivers are in shambles in both ways. Saw my mother do that with my grandfather. Good luck

Also just a text buddy might help but think she really needs some face time with others.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your dad.

Depression can be hard on anyone especially going through what she is. I am trying to help a friend work through her depression right now ( she had anxiety issues as well ). She lives overseas so let me tell you it isn't easy working on it from afar. But I try, she says it helps just having someone to talk too and to encourage her. Which is all I can do.

You are a very good daughter trying to find her a friend.

Back
Top Bottom