Mom of 8 ready to fill empty coop!

MissB123

Hatching
Apr 1, 2015
Thank you for reading this! I'm researching quail and converting my raised chicken coop into possibly a
quail coop. Apparently, some quail don't roost, from what I understand.

I live in the SF Bay Area suburbs and have had chickens for more than 10 years. Although I loved them,
I have decided to move on to something a bit more specialized.

First of all, I understand that it is difficult to find the 24% chick starter. Would ground turkey added be edible to chicks
(along with their feed)?
It's my understanding that turkey meat contains tryptophan which humans (Do quail??) convert biologically into the
B vitamin spectrum.

Does anyone feed their adult quail crickets?

News on who sells quality quail pullets in the East Bay Area of SF would be great!

Love your chickies!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I've hatched and raised cortunix before but they didn't roost. I believe game bird feed is higher in protein could you get a grower feed in that and blitz it up for the quail if your looking for 24%? Drop by the quail section for all expert advice on quail https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail

Wishing you the very best of luck and hope you enjoy BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us.

Good luck with your plans for quail.

Yorkshire coop has given you the link on quail forums and likely you will get experienced information there.

Welcome!
welcome-byc.gif

I've never kept quail unfortunately, so can't answer your questions. It sounds like Yorkshire Coop's given you some good advice, though! Good luck with any future quail. They've always seemed to be delightful little birds.
smile.png

Welcome! So glad you joined us! i have never raised quail, so won't be of much help. Definitely check out the link to the quail section that Yorkshire coop posted.

Seems like getting quail is becoming quite a trend. I've noted from new members that in some areas that prohibit chickens, quail are allowed., and also guineas. Welcome to BYC

Back
Top Bottom