Mom passed away...need prayer support for our family

Thank you all SO very much for the prayers, hugs, and kind thoughts, it means more than you know! Bec, I am so sorry for your loss today of your grandmother.
hugs.gif

Mom was 86 and she had a very full and blessed life. Today before she went Home, she was alert, not in pain at all, and was telling my sister that she wanted to "get up and cook something" which was so funny and encouraging since Mom hasn't been able to cook for about 10 yrs.
A few minutes later, she told my wonderful step dad that she loved him, gave a light cough....and then she was gone.
hit.gif

Later on, we were all back at her house and looking for the earrings that she wanted us to use, along with her pink pajamas for the funeral, and we found her prayer book from 1999 that she lovingly had handwritten in her prayers for all of her children, grandchildren and family.
hit.gif
I was SO blessed to have this wonderful, loving, Godly woman for my mother and I miss her so!

This is my Momma, Polly. I love you, Momma....
love.gif

She HATED this pic because she thought her arms are too skinny, so I swpied it and framed it.
polly1.jpg

Beautiful bride in 1942, both inside and out.
polly3.jpg

My wonderful step dad who loved and cared for her SO much!!
polly2.jpg

hugs.gif
I'm really sorry, I lost my dad last year just after Christmas and this will be our first Christmas without him. I know it will be hard. I wish you guys the best of luck, Merry Christmas, and I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll pray for you.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I wish her safe passage to be with her Lord and Savoir.
My mom passed away 10 years ago and it is still hard. I try to spend more time talking about the best times.

hugs.gif
Oh, my heart aches for your great loss
hugs.gif

May God grant you & your family special grace to deal with all the arrangements, and extra grace for Christmas too.

The comfort is knowing that this isn't the end, but the beginning of her eternal life. We hold on to the hope of a forever reunion.

But I know, how I know, that it hurts, it aches & it stings. May God supply peace to the hearts of all of us missing loved ones this Christmas.

Grits and Debi,
Thank you both.It is painful, but I lost my dad in '93 when he went Home after 51 years of marriage to Mom. I fully believe that Daddy had a talk with the Lord about sending someone to help Momma. He was SO worried about that before he passed. Mom and Tony actually met in the cemetary....his wife who had passed away was 6 plots down from Dad, and he was out there daily. One day it was so hot and he'd been there so long that Momma walked over to him, put her hand on his arm, and told him that she didn't know him or who he was grieving for, but that whoever it was, they wouldn't want him to be out in this heat getting sick.
It started from there, and to today, he has given the most loving care anyone could do for another person. I overheard him say after we went back to Mom's house, " I told her, I live for her, she lives for me and we both live for the Lord."
love.gif
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom