Mom, she pooped and egg on the carpet!

Namaste Mama

Songster
11 Years
Sep 18, 2008
AZ
Yup, Chewbaca, our RIR, loves to come in the house. Today she snuck in a left a present right on the carpet. A nice soft shelled egg. I know these are common with new layers, but Chewy is over a year old, so what gives?

I like her name!
big_smile.png
The soft shelled egg could be a sign of anything, from calcium deficiency to some sort of illness. Keep an eye on her, to see if she shows any other symptoms.

Thanks~! My 11 year old named her. We have a a fun time naming our chickens.

:/She seems healthy, running around the back yard. I'm betting on calcium, since I have'nt offered the oyster to them because I thought she'd be ok with out it because of free ranging.

My son brought in two of the hens today because he was worried that they had gotten wet in the rain. He made the mistake of putting them on his bed. His comforter is in the wash. It was not a shell-less egg that one left as a gift.
One of our dogs is named Kobi which is short for Obiwan Kenobi. He was named by his first owner whose first dog was named Chewbaca. I get a shell-less egg every once in a while even from my oldest hen. I just put out fresh oyster shell and it doesn't seem to happen often.

I brought one of the pullets into the house on Saturday morning as a bit of a joke for DBF. No "gifts" but the first squat happened on our bed.

Not sure how to take that...
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom