Mom to be!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Judymae, May 13, 2007.

1. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    How can ya'll stand waiting for your new babies? I just got of the website from ordering my babies and I can't wait! I've already got everything ready before I ordered so there is nothing to do until they come. I should have left something for me to do for them. I ordered today (Sunday) from Ideal and asked for the soonest delivery date. How long do you think it should be? I'm so antsy I feel like I drank two pots of coffee!

2. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    I know the feeling, so just take a deep breath! [​IMG]
    As far as how soon, it will depend on if they have the chicks you ordered about to hatch. They send them out pretty quick as they don't need to eat or drink for the first couple of days.
    Good luck and post when you get them!!!

3. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    Mudhen-I'll definently let everyone know when I get them! It's been almost a year since I last had chickens. Thanks to a momma coyote we lost ALL of our RIRs. We have that problem addressed now so it's time for the new babies! I ordered a Blue Silkie, 6 Barred Rocks, 2 Golden Campines, and 3 Ameracanas. I wanted something different this time. All should be pullets except for the Silkie which is outta a st. run. I'll get some more RIR's as soon as these come in. They are easy to get from our local flea market. I want them to all be the same age so it'll lessen the picking problem. Do I need to seperate the Silkie since it is a banty? I've never had a banty.

4. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    I don't think so. I have a banty partridge rock who raised standard sized pullets. She's the top hen in that run!
    I think if you raise everyone together and keep an eye on any bullying behaviour, other than the initial pecking order ritual, you should be alright.
    JMO, so of course I defer to the more experienced and knowledgable members.... [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I had a silkie roo rule his hens... all standard sized ones too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by