Momma and babies,

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Teresaann24, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    My girl pretty gurl has been a wonderful momma to her 5 babies. She has 3 little black babies and 2 white. I love to see momma and babies together. I took some pictures today hope you all enjoy they are to die for pictures.

Pretty gurl and one of the little black chicks.
    [​IMG]

Pretty gurl and 2 of the white chicks.
    [​IMG]

Pretty gurl and 2 of the black chicks and 1 of the little white ones.
    [​IMG]

2 of the little black chicks and 1 of the white chicks.
    [​IMG]

Pretty gurl and 2 of the black chicks and the 2 white chicks
    [​IMG]

Pretty gurl and 2 of the black chicks and 2 of the white chicks.
    [​IMG]

2. speedabug

speedabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    AWWWW their so adorable CONGRATS. My first chicks hatched today I had waited for so long. I have 2 silkie eggs due next week now I can hardly wait. Congrats again:jumpy

3. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Thanks speed this is pretty gurls 1st time raising babies and I can't believe how good of a momma she is. Wishing you good luck on your eggs I have 11 silkie eggs in the bator due monday!!.

4. speedabug

speedabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Your so LUCKY!!! My poor silkie roo Puffdaddy has been under the weather lately so I hope he is the daddy. I mix my chickens together and I have 10 Broody hens sitting on Dominequer eggs and their bantams. The chicks will be bigger than them in a few weeks that will be funny to see. Zas Zas my silkie hen and she is actually sitting on her eggs shes the only smart one. But I have this fiesty bantam that thinks hes all that so he might be the dad that is going to be one crazy chick.

5. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:LOL, I'd like to see that mix i bet it will be adorable! I am hatching all these chicks and my goal is to keep only 6 more hens. That is my limit but I keep going and going..LOL Don'tcha just love your broodies!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by