Momma made a T-Shirt Quilt 2006

GPN

Got Pheasants? Nessia
11 Years
Aug 6, 2008
Snead, Alabama
Hey Just wanted to show Off my momma done for me a few years back.

14123_hpim0188.jpg

Looks like I need a better picture!!

I want to get started on a Relay For Life Quilt from all my Relay For Life t-shirts, because have been invovled with Relay For Life now for 5 years, and have close to 15 t-shirts.

Thanks GPN

Last edited:
Very nice!
smile.png
I just completed my very first quilt ever back in December made out of my dad's clothing (he passed away in Aug 08) - I'm about ready to venture into another one for each of my siblings very soon.

Awesome to use clothes isnt it?
thumbsup.gif

it is momma done this one in by hand 4 weeks and the back is a bought quilt I hated to sleep under because it was scratchy. Gpn

Last edited:
WOw! Nice! I have a sackful of teshirts that my aunt gave me to make her a quilt.

Will you ask your Mom how she stabilized the shirt to cut it out and stitch it so it didn't curl or stretch?

Well, she laid it out the way she wanted to and then she whipped stiched it to the store bought quilt and then when she had them all were she wanted them she went back and quilt around the design. As far as anything else she did not put anything else in there. I bought the quilt from big lots.

GPN

What a cool gift, thanks for sharing the photo!

I've seen another T-Shirt quilt made where the shirt squares were attached to muslin squares as a stabilizer, then quilted with sashing in between the squares...She may have found the directions online if that helps anyone interested in giving it a go!

smile.png

I want my t-shirt quilt to be square, but that one had to many little ones to make it look right!

GPN

Back
Top Bottom