Mommy! Look at that chicken coop!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gumpsgirl, May 1, 2009.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    We (my children and I) were running some errands yesterday and while driving into town, we passed a large building (a place of business) that was being renovated. I glanced at it and thought nothing about it. Then my 4 year-old daughter shouts out all wide-eyed, "Mommy! Look at that chicken coop!" [​IMG]

I now know, that my sweet little daughter has definitely been started out on the right foot. [​IMG]

2. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    It's smart to get them started young.

3. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't know if it is smart of crazy! lol! Everything to that child is a chicken coop now. [​IMG]

4. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Creative minds!!!!!!!! That is great to start them out young. They will be the next generation of chicken addicts.................... it goes on and on....... [​IMG]

5. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    That is awesome!! [​IMG]

6. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    what a smart young lady!

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Gee, she knows coops and chickens, and probably bakes bread, too. That's GREAT! Good on you, Mom! [​IMG] What a smart little girl you have there!

8. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Believe it or not, she stands on a chair right beside me while I bake bread! She helps add the ingredients, roll it out, and everything. [​IMG]

9. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    When my sons were young they like to help me. It would have been much faster to have done it without their help but I would have missed out on a wonderful experience. They are now in their forties but still reminiscence about helping Dad. My oldest is the only one with a child and he has her help him with many things. It not only builds memories, it creates skill and also build character. Keep having her help.

10. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    That is funny. I drive by places all the time and see little buildings and think to myself. Humm? That would make a cute little chicken coop. Chickens on the brain. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by