Mom's, do you cry?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EmtheFishLady, Feb 15, 2011.

1. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Ok, I have always been a Tomboy kinda girl. I NEVER cried. EVER. However, since my daughter was born I find myself crying at weird things. Not tearing up, not getting choked up, flat out bawling.

Example: I was watching the "Land before Time" with my DD the other night. It comes to the part where the little dinosaurs mom is dying...I start BAWLING. I mean flat out crying. What gives? Anyone else do this after having a baby? My daughter is a year and a half now...?

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Sweetie, my boys are grown & whenever I see something that reminds me of them as kids, I'm a slobbering mess. Before kids, I was also the hard-as-rocks tomboy. Kids have a way of melting a heart and it doesnt go away just because they grew up. In fact, it gets worse, because they start having their own kids...

3. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:Oh Gee, thanks! That's reassuring! [​IMG] Here I was hoping it'd go away! [​IMG]

4. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    Same here, use to be a big tomboy nothing bothered me, but as soon as I had kids that was all she wrote. I can be driving down the road and start thinking of something with my boys, and start crying. I cried like a baby when my oldest boy's moved out. I have two more to go.

5. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:Now I can see some things... I can look at my daughter and think of how beautiful and smart she is, and I'll tear up, but THE LAND BEFORE TIME?!?! It's dinosaurs!!! My husband walked in the bedroom and FREAKED. Conversation went something like this:

Dwayne: "Em?!?! WHATS WRONG?! Everything ok?!"
    Em: "the dinosaur's Mom died...*something intelligble* *sniffle sniffle*"
    Dwayne: "Hun, it's an animated dinosaur....his mom didn't really die....Well, they did hundreds of millions of years ago, but they didn't get upset about it because they were all dead."
    Em: "But...*boo hoo boo hoo"
    [​IMG]

6. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Quote:Yep, I had babies and became a blithering idiot. Now that I'm older, if I don't cry every once in a while, I *have* to cry to "unclog" all that emotional poop. When I really need to cry, I will watch "The Color Purple". I don't care HOW many times I watch it, I cry like a baby at the end of Nettie comes back with Celie's grown children.

7. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:Yep, I had babies and became a blithering idiot. Now that I'm older, if I don't cry every once in a while, I *have* to cry to "unclog" all that emotional poop. When I really need to cry, I will watch "The Color Purple". I don't care HOW many times I watch it, I cry like a baby at the end of Nettie comes back with Celie's grown children.

I'll be sure not to watch it then. I cry when I read books, and watch certain movies.

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I cry. DW thinks I'm a wimp. She only cries if something is REALLY, REALLY funny. Guess it's not a cry, her eyes leak.

9. EmtheFishLady

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:I've always cried when I laugh.

10. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With tears!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by