Mom's gotta Chuck.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by feather and mountain man, Jan 24, 2011.

1. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    My mother has her chickens and ducks together in the same pen. Well her ducks are lazy. So the hens are doin all the work. Mom has a little red hen that hatched out 2 chicken and a duck last year. Now full grown you should see this duck scratch the dirt and peck the ground, It even roosts. It cracks me up to watch the chicken-duck. Mom named him Chuck.

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Cute story. [​IMG]

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    my folks put a duck egg under a hen when I was a kid. The poor momma hen would go into hysterics when the duckling jumped into the dog water dish and refused to get out. [​IMG]

4. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

.....chuck [​IMG]

5. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    we need pics of the chuck on a roost!!!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My pekin Chuck died yesterday. He was hatched and raised with chickens and never hung out with the ducks until our massacre in early November. Then he took the last remaining runner under his wing. I miss Chuck.

7. feather and mountain man

Jan 17, 2010
    I will have to try to take pics next time I go to Mom's. Mom doesn't have a camera. But it is a pathetic sight. He roosts on a bail of hay or on top the laying boxes. Chuck is special fella. He does not quack he tries to cluck. My Dad said being a Chuck is better than being a dicken..[​IMG] Please don't take offence to that. It is a quote.

8. onecent

onecent Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] I love it!! chuck [​IMG]

9. TifsBroodyBabes

TifsBroodyBabes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2009
    Everett, Wa.
    My DDs and I have had a good laugh with your post......We would love to see pictures too!!!!

10. feather and mountain man

Jan 17, 2010
    So I told Mom about the rave Chuck was getting and she says that I should not make fun of her duch with and idetity crisis who is not aware of his identity crisis. He is like guy in the movie Elf. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by