Mom's Putting a rein on my Addiction

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
Well mom said today that I need to pick a number and thats all the permenant ducks Im allowed to have.

We didnt do very well at Santuck, sold both my gorgeous muscovy boys but didnt sell one stinky duckling. Everyone wanted pond ducks or had no idea how to care for them and these guys are a few weeks short of being able to be put on the pond.

So.... What should my number be?

Ducks I will prolly NEVER EVER part with -

Monty - Bibbed mallard drake
Sharpie - Magpie Hen
Catfish - Cayuga cross hen
Goonie - Muscovy drake
Dark Knight - Muscovy hen

Then I have :
Raven - Cayuga hen
Bandit - Magpie cross
Mousse - Buff cross
Bertha - Buff cross
Smudge - Buff cross

That if something drastic happened i could sell.

Now , Im getting two Chocloate pied muscovy hens on the 18th.
And I have the 16 Magpie x runner ducklings that Im thinking of keeping 6 ( two of each new coloring ) . And im trying to sell the other ten.

BUT -
There are so many other breeds I want to try and Im thinking I prolly need to get a Drake of the same breed as My magpie or cayuga so I can have some pure babies as well as My designers. PLUS in March I think I want to get two trios of chickens to try them out. Or maybe just one trio.

Hopefully by Spring I will have four seperate pens -Two are about 12 x 15 I think... Im not good with Measurements and the other two are going to be a little bit bigger than that. I DO free range everyother day for about an hour or two.

So with that info .. WHat should my permenant number of birds be???

Infinity!!!
lol.png

You can NEVER have too many ducks!

Well if you ever need to rehome your ducks, we may be able to take 1 or 2

Thats waht I was thinking - 15 - 20

Oh its going to be a mess putting my month olds into the big kid pen today
th.gif

Lol Well Until March I'll have 31 ducks. then in March Im hoping to sell a 10 of the mag crosses and who knows, I might sell some of the others too.

Lol Well Until March I'll have 31 ducks. then in March Im hoping to sell a 10 of the mag crosses and who knows, I might sell some of the others too.

Back
Top Bottom