Mom's sick again *UPDATE Post #12*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Iowa Roo Mom, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    I won't bore anyone with the details again, but mom's disease is flaring up. Please pray for her so she can get through it without a hospital stay this time. It's the last thing she needs right now.

Thanks...
    Iowa

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Hugs to you both. [​IMG]

4. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Prayer's sent. What is wrong with your mom?

5. yellowchickensmomma

yellowchickensmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    My prayers are with you and your mom. [​IMG]

6. dun chick

dun chick Chillin' With My Peeps

So sorry... Prayers sent.[​IMG]

7. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    [​IMG] ...[​IMG]

8. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Quote:Mom has an auto-immune disorder called Behcet's syndrome. It causes alot of SEVERE joint pain/swelling, causes strictures of the vascular system which has resulted in the amputation of most of her fingers/toes- superficial ulcerations of the mouth, in her case, which has resulted in many oral surgeries. She has had multiple hickman line placements which has resulted in stenosis of her veins, making IV access next to impossible.
    On good days she can work circles around most people half her age, but on bad days, she's one sick puppy. She is usually admitted to the hospital for pain control, and is administered 1 GRAM of solumedrol (sp) IV and back a few years ago, it was nothing for her to be getting 50-60-70 MG of morphine IV per hour! Did I mention she takes a chemo drug once a week to keep this monster in check?
    These days she doesn't have quite the tolerence to those doses of opiates- one of the last few times she was in the hospital (back in March) she went to the ICU for acute renal failure (her kidneys suddenly shut down) as well as severe respiratory depression, as much as 15-20 second periods of apnea- resulting in her being put on the BI-PAP.
    I realize mom is getting older, and her life expectancy is significantly shortened by the effects of her lifetime on the medications, but she can't be doing that ICU stuff on me again anytime soon! I just started school for crying out loud!
    Right now she is at home- but has been in bed consistantly for the last 4-5 days or so. If she cannot turn this around on her own (and sad to say she usually can't) we'll have to take her to the hospital. I'm praying for a miracle that she'll be "magically better" when I get home from school today. Thanks for the prayers everyone! [​IMG] She needs them!

9. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] [​IMG] and prayers.

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I will keep you and your mom in my prayers sweetheart....... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by