Money Thief at work

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by annie3001, Jan 15, 2011.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    so, tonight i went to change out my pocketbook. and grabbed my wallet only discover dollar's missing. not sure exactly to what I had in there. but def gone. i know i had atleast a 20.00 bill. really sucks. because its someone at my work.[​IMG] theres only about 14 of us that worked yesterday. so its someone there for sure. my fault that my personal stuff was not pad locked in my locker. but for 12 years didnt need to. think again i am telling myself. there is one person of question that i can think might do it. but when, it must have been pretty quick. looks like i will be putting a lock tomorrow. any of you all have this happen to you. i hope i am not alone, as i am sure i am not. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Maybe they'll buy an anvil with the money and drop it on their foot.

Sorry about your loss... just remember, what goes around - comes around.

3. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Quote:ha! i had to look up an anvil. wasnt sure what it was. thanks for the laugh!! yeah that will really hurt!!![​IMG]

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Post a sign on your locker, "Lock it or Loose it" The co- workers will ask what you mean. The one that doesn't ask,.......[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
  5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    should i mention it at our "briefing" we have tomorrow? just mention the part "my money is missing?" mmmmmm who could have done this, and then scan the room (looking at the eyes of my co-workers). really just irritates me. [​IMG]

btw: our briefing is what our supervisors tell us "things important to our job" also like a meeting etc.

6. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Have there been recent employee changes in your office, or are you working with the same people you've worked with all along? The reason I ask is that if the same people are there, it would be a pity if one of them has suddenly started doing this..... I know there have been times I found money missing from my wallet and then a week or two or three later remember a purchase that used about the amount of money that was missing. Is it at all possible that you spent it and have just forgotten? I would hate to think of someone you work with and interact with in the course of conducting business as being that dishonest, though I know they are out there.

7. Sir Birdaholic

I would DEFINITELY mention it, so others can keep their stuff safe. [​IMG] [​IMG] I HATE thiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
  8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    yeah, i have wondered if i spent it too. but i am 99 percent sure i had money in my wallet. there is one person as i said, who i think maybe might have done it. rotten person. i dont really talk and interact with this individual. i dunno. [​IMG]

btw: i use a debit card for everything, now i am wondering ugh!!!!

9. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I don't think you should mention it in the meeting, but I would talk to your supervisor or someone else that is an ally of yours about it. I know you don't know who it was, but perhaps confiding with someone who could possibly help might be a better idea.

Where I worked, I had to travel to different branches. Some buildings had lockers, some didn't. The buildings were all open to the public and there was all kinds of staff walking in and out of the break rooms. Luckily, I never had anything stolen.

10. Sir Birdaholic

If you're not sure, don't mention it. If you are, GO GET 'EM! [​IMG] BLAST THAT MEETING! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by