Monsanto's Roundup Triggers Over 40 Plant Diseases and Endangers Human and Animal Health

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Baymule, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    There was a discussion recently about GMO's. Some people were in favor of GMO's and some recognized GMO's as the invasive species they have become. Genetically modified to accept being drenched in glyphosphate, a toxic posion that is in a major portion of the food we consume every day.
    Read this and tell me what you think about the posioning of our farmlands.

http://www.naturalnews.com/031138_Monsanto_Roundup.html

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Poisoning our animals, our land, and us. It makes me sick.

3. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    Quote:
    What I think when I see "Don Huber", is that everything that follows is not true.
    His "studies" are based on junk science and hysteria, and have been discredited by most anyone who actually did any research

I've found the same thing to be true of the "naturalnews.com" site, where some self appointed "Health Ranger" is trying to SELL you grossly overpriced items

But that's propbably not the opinion you were looking for

2 people like this.
  4. kathyinmo

Monsanto’s Roundup Pesticide Link to Birth Defects Hidden from Public
    [​IMG]
    Jill Ettinger
    June 8, 2011
    [​IMG]
    OrganicAuthority
    In a recently released report by an international group of scientists funded by Earth Open Source, the team of researchers concluded that as far back as the 1980s, regulators knew that exposure to the glyphosate-based pesticide commonly marketed as Monsanto’s Roundup causes birth defects.

The report, titled “Roundup and birth defects: Is the public being kept in the dark?” shows a distinct link between glyphosate exposure and a higher incidence of birth defects including “malformations of the craniofacial and neural crest type, which affect the skull, face, midline, and developing brain and spinal cord.”

According to the study, the biotech industry has not only known of the malformation risks since the 1980s, but as far back as 1993, they’ve been aware that even at mild to low levels of exposure, the risks are still high for deformity.

The study’s authors write that although the health risks were widely known throughout the industry, the companies and regulators failed to inform the public about the serious risks of exposure. In Germany just last year, where their regulators have known of the potential threats since 1998, the German Federal Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety told the Commission there was “no evidence of teratogenicity” (ability to cause birth defects) connected with glyphosate. Even though genetically modified foods are banned in Germany (and throughout most of Europe), the companion pesticide product, Roundup is not. Glyphosate was scheduled for review in 2012, but the Commission delayed the review along with 38 other pesticides until 2015.

One of the study’s co-authors and spokesperson for Earth Open Source, Claire Robinson, said, “This looks like a thirty-year cover-up by industry and regulators and it has certainly placed the public at risk. Roundup is used not only by farmers but by home gardeners and in school grounds and other public areas, in part because of false marketing claims that it is safe.”

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  5. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

It's very simple. Anything that has been modified has been compromised. I've been saying it for years. Our government has too much money to make from Monsanto to do anything about it. Those that are in favor of GMO simply do not have the facts needed to make a critical decision for themselves. I wish people would educate themselves! The information is at everyone's finger tips. Utilize the internet and educate yourselves please. I am astonished that there are actually people on this site that believe there is nothing wrong with GMO??!!
    Here is just one of MANY informational sites on the TRUTH about GMO's. http://www.responsibletechnology.org/
    Sometimes, coming from the mouths of babes, is the simplest way to light a spark of understanding in some people:
    Kelly

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. kathyinmo

THAT is a great video ! Thanks for sharing!

7. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I don't think it's good at all. Say no to GMO!

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    [​IMG]
    OrganicAuthority
    In a recently released report by an international group of scientists funded by Earth Open Source, the team of researchers concluded that as far back as the 1980s, regulators knew that exposure to the glyphosate-based pesticide commonly marketed as Monsanto’s Roundup causes birth defects.

The report, titled “Roundup and birth defects: Is the public being kept in the dark?” shows a distinct link between glyphosate exposure and a higher incidence of birth defects including “malformations of the craniofacial and neural crest type, which affect the skull, face, midline, and developing brain and spinal cord.”

According to the study, the biotech industry has not only known of the malformation risks since the 1980s, but as far back as 1993, they’ve been aware that even at mild to low levels of exposure, the risks are still high for deformity.

The study’s authors write that although the health risks were widely known throughout the industry, the companies and regulators failed to inform the public about the serious risks of exposure. In Germany just last year, where their regulators have known of the potential threats since 1998, the German Federal Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety told the Commission there was “no evidence of teratogenicity” (ability to cause birth defects) connected with glyphosate. Even though genetically modified foods are banned in Germany (and throughout most of Europe), the companion pesticide product, Roundup is not. Glyphosate was scheduled for review in 2012, but the Commission delayed the review along with 38 other pesticides until 2015.

One of the study’s co-authors and spokesperson for Earth Open Source, Claire Robinson, said, “This looks like a thirty-year cover-up by industry and regulators and it has certainly placed the public at risk. Roundup is used not only by farmers but by home gardeners and in school grounds and other public areas, in part because of false marketing claims that it is safe.”

Looks like Ellis van Crefeld syndrome.

9. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    Quote: How could they "cover it up" if it were REALLY causing so many problems?

If it's as bad as many claim, and "in everything we eat", how is it we are all still alive?

Where are the thousands of deformed babies?

Hysteria isn't good for credibility

10. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Look. People, even those who should know better, often do not differentiate between correlation and causation. Meaning, because two things occur at the same time, it does not mean that one causes the other. And the vast majority of the "information" put out by alarmist groups, any alarmist group, is to further their own agenda, and is usually based on faulty or nonexistent research. I well remember a case some years ago where the parents of a baby were suing a drug company because, they said, a drug it produced caused a genital malformation in their son. This baby had all the exterior genitalia of a female, but none of the interior female structures, and was in fact male, with testicles, prostate and all. The testicles were situated in the labia. Now the fact that no other babies exposed to this product in utero developed any similar malformation did not figure into the equation. This case piqued my interest because there was a picture of an infant with this exact same condition in one of my nursing school texbooks, and this book had been published long before this particular drug had been even thought of, much less produced.

I have used Roundup for years and years, know and have known a lot of people who did and do use Roundup, both commercially and for home use, and none of them have had any problems healthwise to either themselves, their children or their livestock that were exposed to it. There is nothing wrong with genetically engineered products either, but then I am old enough to remember when some people were sure artificial inseminaton would be the end of the world. It may interest you to know that genetic engineering occurs naturally too. Foreign DNA has been introduced into the human genome many times over the millenia by viruses and other means. In other words, there is nothing new under the sun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by