Monster Chick

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cottagechick, Sep 8, 2011.

1. cottagechick

cottagechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Cottage Grove, Oregon
    I have an Easter Egger chick that I am considering naming Zilla...(short for Chickzilla) I understand she is going to be larger than her banty sisters, but she is also at least twice the size of her Red Star sister. They were all hatched 08/29. When I look at her next to the other chicks I keep seeing the image from that movie with the 20 story tall woman towering over all of the regular sized people... Maybe I am just paranoid because I wasn't expecting to keep any lf birds...but shouldn't she be closer to the size of the Red Star? I will post a picture later...but just how big to EEs get?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. sbtgal

sbtgal Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2011
    Austin
    AAAAHHHHHHHHH! Chickzilla! ruuuuun! You could make a great youtube video with that.
    [​IMG]

3. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    The sky's the limit. [​IMG]
    Here's a pic of a thirteen and a half week old cockeral; an Ameraucana, CornishxRock broiler cross, with adult EE and Ameraucana behind him. Unfortunately I lost him and all of his siblings in a blackfly plague. I've got some CX approaching breeding again and hope to start over this fall.

[​IMG]

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Techincally, like Steve showed, EE's can get just about any size. . . . But hatchery based EE's, the biggest LF male I've known was 9 lbs. The biggest LF hen I've known was 7 lbs.

5. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:Now that's what i call a big chicken [​IMG]

6. cottagechick

cottagechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Cottage Grove, Oregon
    Quote:Wow! I was planning on having 1-2 pound bantys when I realized I was keeping the EE I figured 4-5 pounds max....7 POUNDS??? I totally believe that this is girl is going to be as huge as she can just to spite me...lol...This should be interesting. At least it should be interesting to watch her running around with six little bantys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by