Monster egg....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ralleia, Jan 22, 2012.

1. ralleia

ralleia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    My seven-year-old found this in the nestboxes today and was so proud. No, I don't have small hands--my fingers span an octave plus one key. This monster egg weighs a full four ounces.

[​IMG]

I'd have to say that the hens are appreciating all the fresh mealworms we're growing, plus the fresh veggie trimmings from the winter greenhouse. Yow!

(This egg is probably from one of the white Rock hens).

2. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    [​IMG] niceeee

3. parkerpeeps7

parkerpeeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Georgia
    WOW!! [​IMG]

4. openheartnp

openheartnp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Green Twp, NJ
    Goodness! I wonder how many yolks are in there?

5. kittycooks

kittycooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, that is so cool! We got a monster egg today too! Have you broken into your's yet? My kids think we will have a double yolker.
    Pictured is the huge egg from my Wyandotte, first egg this year from her. Next to that is an EE egg and a store bought egg. Sooo, what's for dinner? :)

[​IMG]

6. ralleia

ralleia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    It turned out to be a double-yolk!

(And in the process of trying to separate the yolk from the whites, I managed to dump one of the yolks onto the stovetop. The dog is very happy now. I have some cleaning to do!)

[​IMG]

7. kittycooks

kittycooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup, ours had a double yolk like yours! The kids think we hit the jack pot, while my husband (the cook) just shook his head and said "thats gotta hurt to pass an egg like that!"

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by