monster grocery shopping..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smom1976, Aug 19, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    My husband and I went grocery shopping for the month (well not even really for the month) but we spent 450.00 I couldnt believe it! We have soooo much food.. I am soooo gratefull for all of it!

2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Whoa! You must have gone to Costco! [​IMG] Seems like we can't get out of there without spending about the same!!

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yeah, really, walk into costco for just milk, and leave 150 bucks lighter toting a cart with cookies, meat, crackers, candy, and various other goods.

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Holy cow! I guess you are grateful! I would be too! Especially if $450 actually bought a lot of food. Sheesh! With the way that prices have been, I've been nothing but discouraged about grocery shopping. Glad to hear that your trip was good! [​IMG]

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    lol i always buy alot of food when it's time to grocery shop i always spend between $200 or $250 each time.

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    We spend like that each month, too, but man, do we ever hit the sales! I'm dreaming of a pantry so that I'll have even more room to store my budget finds (veggies, pasta sauce, etc. etc. etc.). I feel bad when I see a good grocery sale and think, yeah, but where would I PUT that? [​IMG]

I'm thankful that you and your DH were able to get what you needed at the store. [​IMG]

7. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:You really did do good if that will last you for a month...$100.00 doesn't buy that much anymore.

I try like the dickens to keep my grocery bill under $150.00 a week sometimes I manage sometimes I don't.

Congrats on the haul!!!

8. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    wow my mom would be like "I spent what?!" lol how CAN you spend that much on food in one visit? Chickens, I can understand.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by