Montana Large Animal Sanctuary CLOSING--homes needed!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I did not write this, but I am passing it along....if anyone is interested please EMAIL me and I will give you her contact information (I didn't want it on this board)...

The Montana Large Animal Sanctuary outside of Hot springs Mt is closing.

There are over 1,100 animals.

I just got off sight there after 5 days of doing inventory getting, hay to them and 400 other tasks.

Yesterday I had 3 trailers and we went and picked up 31 head of mini donkeys and burrows. Their feet are in horrendous shape I'm not even sure if that word says it all but anyway, they are here by me and a team of vets and shoers are coming this week to get started on a hard project.

So If you have any people on your list or in your mind that would like to adopt at no fee but must be approved by everyone short of "God" and he may be included, then please let me know asap.

these animals are NOT to be euthanized unless medically necessary in the future, or bred.

A sample list of what we have is.

HUGE pot bellied pigs

over 100 horses

Over 700 llamas

geese

chickens

emus

sheep

donkeys

cattle

moving animals out of state if much more complicated than in state so please pass the word around.

Also if we get folks wanting to adopt who live in your area, I'l be calling to see what you know of them and possible ck out their place as the LAST thing we need is a rescued animal going into a bad situation.

Thanks So Much

Phyllis Ruana

2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
  3. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    It's so sad. Wish I lived closer, so I could help.

4. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Holy cow... I've never seen anything like it. I never knew they grew like that. Now I understand the importance. Hope the animals will be finding relief and new homes very soon, God willing.

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, me either Maple! Never ridden a horse, much less cared for one.

Hopefully they'll heal up from the soreness and be running amock in their new homes soon.

[​IMG] To all the volunteers, civilian and professional, who are working to help all these animals.

6. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    this story motivated me to call someone regarding 5 horses living in mud on 1/2 acre of land. apparently the person is a horse rescue- now that's just sad (not as sad as the montana sanctuary but this one I see every day and it breaks my heart.)
    these horse have food, shelter and water and apparently that's fine that they live in a muddy yard, they have no pasture and the lady is renting. I kick her ask out.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by