~Montezuma (Mearns) Quail Thread!~

BobwhiteQuailLover

Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Wisconsin
FOR MEARNS QUAIL ONLY!
Talk ALL about Mearns quail!
ya.gif

If anyone has questions, fell free to ask! (I won't be able to help, but other people will!)

lol.png
~QuailLover~
lol.png

Last edited:
Remember just to slow down some.. You are still very young.. It probably would have been best for you to just have your Bobwhites and a pair of Goldens for this season, for you to get your feet wet.. a ton of birds requires a lot of work, and a lot of knowledge. Knowledge takes time.
Remember to just slow down some.

If anyone has some for sale, please let me know. I just joined your group, but I've been raising all sorts of poultry since I was eight. I've had the Goldens, Amhursts, Silvers, Reeves, and Ringnecks in pheasants; bobwhite, coturnix, California in quail;chukar; lots of different geese and ducks,too many to mention, same with pigeons, chickens, doves, turkeys, and cage birds. I believ I am ready to take the plunge for Mearns, we just moved to a new place with acreage for lots birds and horses. I got some of my pens moved and placed last year before the snow, and am trying to find out what they require. Since we moved, I have yet to get my game bird books out of the boxes. Does anyone here raise Mearns or can suggest what books (I'm sure there are some new ones out there I don't have) are helpful for raising them? Thank you! Hope to chat with all of you soon!

welcome-byc.gif

You can check the breeders directory at the top of the quail page, stickies area. You may find someone that raises Montezuma quail. They run wild in my territory and they are gorgeous birds!

Good luck with all your birds...sounds like you have quite a few!

If anyone has some for sale, please let me know. I just joined your group, but I've been raising all sorts of poultry since I was eight. I've had the Goldens, Amhursts, Silvers, Reeves, and Ringnecks in pheasants; bobwhite, coturnix, California in quail;chukar; lots of different geese and ducks,too many to mention, same with pigeons, chickens, doves, turkeys, and cage birds. I believ I am ready to take the plunge for Mearns, we just moved to a new place with acreage for lots birds and horses. I got some of my pens moved and placed last year before the snow, and am trying to find out what they require. Since we moved, I have yet to get my game bird books out of the boxes. Does anyone here raise Mearns or can suggest what books (I'm sure there are some new ones out there I don't have) are helpful for raising them? Thank you! Hope to chat with all of you soon!

there is a yahoo group that sells buys and trades them I think Dr Leyland Hayes wrote a little about them in his Quail newsletter HTH

Back
Top Bottom