1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Montgomery Co Tn

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by Onyx9370, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Onyx9370

Onyx9370 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2013
    TN
    Does anyone happen to know the laws for Montgomery County TN, in the county not the city. If not, how can i find out? I could not find any specifics on the county website.

2. stefan333

stefan333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2012
    KY
    We just went to Montgomery County Co-op today in Clarksville and bought some bantams. I asked the lady what minimum we had to buy. She got a little confused and thought I meant laws for how many chickens we're allowed to have. LOL. Well, according to her the county doesn't have any laws. I live in Christian County, KY, and in the counties around here there aren't usually any laws for livestock other than they can't be roaming around on the roadways -that's as simple as it usually gets around here. You probably couldn't find any laws for the county cause there probably aren't any. Aint no rural person around here gonna let the government tell them what to do with their chickens. A good place to call would be the Montgomery County Co-op in Clarksville just to make sure.

3. Onyx9370

Onyx9370 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2013
    TN
    Thanks! I finally got in touch with the codes enforcers today. I am zoned agricultural, so I can pretty much do whatever I want and have what I want when it comes to livestock. Yay! More chickens it is then!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by